Choose Best WORDPRESS THEME - Jan 2021
How to Choose the Perfect WORDPRESS THEME?
Each company is looking for opportunities to promote, and directory sites have great potential for increasing traffic and monetization.
Our review has templates for creating any website: from business listings and local attractions to job listings and coupon sites.
What should You look for when buying a WordPress theme?
Of course, design is the most important part of the topic. Most of the topics have a preview, with which you can see how the theme will look on your site. But you should pay attention to other factors, which we describe below:
- How often is the theme updated? Look at the changelog in which the developer indicates what and when was updated in his topic. Do not buy those themes that have not been updated in the past 6 months, even if they are incredibly beautiful. You may encounter bugs that no one will fix.
- How fast is the topic? Copy the URL of the preview of the new theme and run a speed test here. Stop the selection on the topic, the final score of which is more than 70.
- How responsive is the topic? Make sure that the theme you buy looks good on all screen diagonals from 4 inches to 27-inch screens. Pay particular attention to how different menus, tables, and search windows change when resized.
- Can I customize this theme? Any topic can be edited, but even for minor changes you need to know the programming language. Most WordPress themes support a variety of color schemes, fonts, and object resizing. So the ability to make small changes without digging code is very important.
- Check out HTML semantics Well-formed HTML-code facilitates the work of search engines, and thus improves the SEO page. Review the page code and notice tags such as section, article, footer, and others.
- Is there any garbage in the code? Open the HTML source and count the number of "script" tags. If their number tends to ten or even more, it may be worth looking for another topic. Themes that use CSS sprites take priority.
- Does the topic contain hints in the code? If you are not going to change anything in the subject, then this is not the most important point. But, if the topic contains hints in the code, this can be useful if you want to rewrite some parts of the topic for yourself.
- Are there any shortcodes in the subject? Shortcodes make it easy to embed various content in your blog posts. For example, sliders and galleries. Most shortcodes are added by third-party plug-ins, but if the theme contains basic ones — maps, videos, and contact forms — this is just a plus.
- Are all browsers supported? Your blog should look exactly the same in all popular mobile and desktop browsers. Check out the theme of how it looks in different browsers.
- Check for support When buying a new topic, you may have questions. Does Twitter have a developer or forum? Any place where you can ask them questions regarding their topic. There you can find reviews about this topic from other users.
- Originality of the topic Sites like Medium or The Verge are beautifully designed, and you can find dozens of themes in the WordPress store. Avoid copies. Besides the fact that this is intellectual property, no one needs a second Medium or The Verge.
We hope that our advice will help you in choosing a topic, and in conclusion - our WORDPRESS THEME review: